For reknowned brand Kerakoll, we have recently developed a wrap-around machine to pack powders for the construction industry in 2 kg and 5 kg bags.
The format is unusual for this industry, because it targets a specific market: DIY enthusiasts and individuals wishing to do minor maintenance work on their homes.
The secondary packaging type Kerakoll was looking for had to be both practical in terms of transport and sustainable in terms of investment.
Our customer chose two box types with lid – handled by the same machine – with specific groupings for two different formats:
- 4 pieces, single line, for 5kg bags
- 8 pieces, double line, for 2kg bags
But, of course, we had more to offer!
ARTEMA PACK’S TECHNICAL ADVICE SERVICES
Kerakoll had already extensive experience with product packaging. This meant that we had a technically very competent partner to work with.
Together we came up with possible scenarios for the layout of the production area, suggesting solutions for up- and downstream transport systems.
Then we made some recommendations to develop the most suitable die cut cartons for the relevant primary packaging type.
Using the same approach, we worked on technical solutions tailored to the customer’s two main requirements.
A CUSTOMISED WRAP-AROUND MACHINE FOR BAGS
This wrap-around machine comes with on demand automation and a customised sealing system.
A fin orientation system for our wrap-around packer for bags
The requirement was to make sure that the fin of the last bag in each grouping did not stick out of the box. This allows you to save space and obtain smaller boxes. So during the design phase we added a fin orientation device, which is activated when laps close.
Internal lap seal
In standard wrap-around machines, glue is usually applied externally to seal the top to the fifth panel. But for this particular customer we developed an internal sealing module.
FEATURES THAT MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
- Fast format changeover: besides handling two boxes in different sizes, format changeover takes no longer than 2 minutes
- Ease of use: learning how to use the machine is easy thanks to straightforward and user-friendly commands, ideal for inexpert operators.
- Simplified maintenance: the machine’s most internal areas are easily accessible
- Easy upgrade: the machine is designed to integrate future configurations and customisations
- Touch screen interface
- Dimensions: the machine is compact in size
- Components: we use the best brands, something which the customer’s technicians appreciated very much
- References: we had already built wrap-around machines for bags for the construction industry in the past
- Production performance: our wrap-around machine fully meets industry standards.
If you’d like additional info about Artema Pack’s case packers, have a look at this page, dedicated to our wrap-around machine.
If you need advice on a particularly complex project, you can count on our support!